So you’ve got her number and completed phase 1; good job. Now, you’re onto phase 2… figuring out how to text a girl for the first time. Now, there’s a certain art to this so don’t rush into it. Perhaps she gave you her number in a club, perhaps you’ve liked her for a while and finally plucked up the courage to ask for her number. Whatever your situation, you have one objective: Reinforce her decision to allow you into her life. Plain and simple, you need to remind her that she gave you her number for a reason and this can be achieved through a number of methods. Let me show you the 7 commandments of how to text a girl for the first time.
How To Text A Girl For The First Time – The 7 commandments
1) Always text with a purpose in mind. Whether it’s building her perceived value of you, building comfort between the two of you, or simply going for the ‘meet-up’. You must strongly avoid texting without direction, as 9 times out of 10, you’ll end up saying something stupid, and messing up your shot at her.
2) Use ‘call-back humour’. This is when you pull on a humorous event that occurred between the two of you. For example, let’s say you met her in a club and you accidentally (on purpose) mistook her for someone that works in McDonald’s. You may start that conversation with something like “Hey Cinderella, I could really use a McFlurry:p”. This kind of cheeky message instantly recreates the humorous banter that she experienced in your company. You’re reminding her that you’re not only funny, but confident enough to bust her balls. This is very attractive for her.
3) If she made it clear that she’s into you (and she was sober), you don’t have to worry about getting too clever with your first message, in certain cases you can go straight to ‘meet-up’ with a message like “Hey [insert funny nickname for call-back humour], I’m checking out [insert cool place or thing] this week. Tag along if you’re game.” This tells her that you’re doing this exciting thing whether she comes or not, and your life is really affected by her answer. Very casual and more importantly; not needy!
4) Yesterday you may have been an exciting part of her life, but today you’re back to being a stranger – especially if you met her at a bar or club. Girls suffer from ‘buyer’s remorse’ especially when alcohol is involved so deciding how to text a girl for the first time is quite different in this situation. You need to send something that she’s very likely to reply to. Only then, do you have a chance to rebuild the interaction and remind her of all your charming qualities. For example, send something like “I’ve just met your twin” or “You won’t believe the dream I had last night!”. Temptation to find out more will inevitably get a response. Then just be creative and improvise, whilst simultaneously texting with your purpose in mind.
5)If you’ve got the number of a girl you already knew and there’s quite a good amount of comfort between you both try something like “How’s my favourite little brat doing today?;)” This is a great opener designed to get a response through teasing her a little bit.
6) Do not text on the same day as getting her number. This shows neediness and it’s unattractive.
7) Pay close attention to her texting behavioural patterns. If she takes 30 minutes to reply, you take slightly longer. If she puts a kiss at the end of the text, you put a kiss. If she puts 3 kisses, you put 1. If she uses smilies, you use smilies. If she uses proper English, you use proper English. You get the idea! You’re trying to portray to her that you’re similar and are therefore compatible.
Figuring out how to text a girl for the first time requires the evaluation of both how you met and her perception of you. Once you’ve established this, use the appropriate commandments above and begin building the interaction.